Only five percent of students from low-income families in Denver are able to attend college without remediation. STRIVE Prep is working to change that reality. At full build-out, our schools will double the number of low-income students in Denver who are on the path to college.
Teachers at STRIVE Prep
- Deliver a rigorous, standards-based education that prepares our scholars for success to and through college.
- Develop curriculum based on local, state, and national standards during a three-week summer institute.
- Plan daily during structured planning time dedicated to the preparation necessary to support high student achievement and revolutionary instruction.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative and innovative workplace.
- Benefit from regular observations and ongoing professional coaching with school leaders and content specialists.
- Regularly use assessments and data to support all scholars.
Community at STRIVE Prep
- We run open-enrollment schools, where most of our students live in the neighborhoods where our schools are located.
- We serve primarily students of color from low-income families.
- We believe all students regardless of prior academic achievement, including English language learners and students with special learning needs, deserve a rigorous, standards-based education.
- We provide a structured and joyful school culture with high behavioral expectations, mandatory uniforms, and regular community gatherings.
- We are changing the statistics: STRIVE Prep has had the highest academic growth among middle schools in Denver since our first school opened in 2006 and all of our schools consistently rank among the city’s top secondary schools.
- We are making an impact. Since our founding, we have reached over 2,000 students across the Denver community, with a growth goal of 4,800 students.
- We are a consortium of six middle schools and two high schools, each unique but dedicated to educational success to and through college for all of our scholars.
Join Us at STRIVE Prep
Selected through a rigorous process, our staff members have track records of achievement and a wide breadth of diverse skills.
- 100% are considered Highly Qualified by Federal and State Standards.
- Over 30% hold Masters or Doctoral degrees.
- 50% are Teach For America corps members or alumni.
- Over 80% continue in the network each year.
- 50% are Spanish speakers.
- Teachers receive a competitive compensation package.
- Teachers are evaluated on their results and rewarded accordingly with annual performance-based raises.
- Teachers are offered real opportunities for long-term career growth alongside our network growth.
- All full time staff benefit from 100% employer coverage of individual medical benefits, and a range of insurance plans foremployees and their families.
- All full time staff participate in the nationally acclaimed Colorado PERA retirement program, including employer contributions and additional 401K contribution options.
Openings for the 2014-2015 school year.
STRIVE Prep will be opening its first elementary school in southwest Denver this coming fall 2014! Our new elementary campus will open with grades K-1 in year one, and grow to serve students in grades K-5 at full capacity. As our students matriculate, we are also adding new grades to our northeast middle school campuses, Green Valley Ranch and Montbello, as well as our two high school campuses: Excel and SMART.
At full build-out, STRIVE Prep will serve students in grades K-12 across Denver. In support of our scholars, we are hiring teachers, school leaders, and administrative and operational staff. We accept applications on a rolling basis until each position is filled; therefore, we encourage candidates to apply soon to ensure consideration. Please click here to view all available positions and apply!
Openings for the current 2013-2014 school year are posted here as well.
Questions? Contact Travis Lockhart, Human Capital Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org