Only 5 Percent of students from low-income families in Denver are able to attend college without remediation. STRIVE Prep is working to change that reality. At full build-out, our schools will double the number of low-income students in Denver who are on the path to college.
Teachers at STRIVE Prep
- Deliver a rigorous, standards-based education that prepares our scholars for success to and through college.
- Develop curriculum based on local, state, and national standards during a three-week summer institute.
- Plan daily during structured planning time dedicated to the preparation necessary to support high student achievement and revolutionary instruction.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative and innovative workplace.
- Benefit from regular observations and ongoing professional coaching with school leaders and content specialists.
- Regularly use assessments and data to support all scholars.
Community at STRIVE Prep
- We run open-enrollment schools, where most of our students live in the neighborhoods where our schools are located.
- We serve primarily students of color from low-income families.
- We believe all students regardless of prior academic achievement, including English language learners and students with special learning needs, deserve a rigorous, standards-based education.
- We provide a structured and joyful school culture with high behavioral expectations, mandatory uniforms, and regular community gatherings.
- We are changing the statistics: STRIVE Prep has had the highest academic growth among middle schools in Denver since first school opened in 2006 and all of our schools consistently rank among the city’s top secondary schools.
- We are making an impact. Since our founding, we have reached over 2,000 students across the Denver community, with a growth goal of 4,800 students.
- We are a consortium of six middle schools and two high schools, each unique but dedicated to educational success to and through college for all of our scholars.
Join Us at STRIVE Prep
Selected through a rigorous process, our staff members have track records of achievement and a wide breadth of diverse skills.
- 100% are considered Highly Qualified by Federal and State Standards.
- Over 30% hold Masters or Doctoral degrees.
- 50% are Teach For America corps members or alumni.
- Over 80% continue in the network each year.
- 50% are Spanish speakers.
- Teachers receive a compensation package.
- 18% above most national school districts for comparable levels of experience.
- Teachers are evaluated on their results and rewarded accordingly with annual performance-based raises.
- Teachers are offered real opportunities for long-term career growth alongside our network growth.
- Teachers benefit from STRIVE Prep’s funding of 100% of individual medical benefits for employees and are offered a range of insurance plans for them and their families.
- Participate in the nationally acclaimed Colorado PERA retirement program and can choose a competitive 401K contribution option.
Openings for the 2013-2014 school year.
STRIVE Preparatory Schools will be opening a second high school in the fall of 2013, as well as expanding our southwest high school to include Grade 10 and our far northeast middle schools, Montbello and Green Valley Ranch, to include Grade 7. We are hiring teachers in all content areas and special education for these schools. There will also be operations and leadership roles available in our network. Click here to browse available positions and apply. Our applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
We also have current openings for this academic school year posted as well.
Contact Travis Lockhart
Manager of Human Capital